Information Collected and Stored Automatically
The site operator may automatically collect and store anonymous information about site visitors to enable us to make the website more useful and improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience. Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. We may collect the following anonymous information from you every time you access the website:
- Internet domain from which you access our website (e.g. google.com, your-company.com, bing.com)
- IP address. An IP address is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you access the web. In some cases, these addresses may be individually or regionally identifiable. However, even when an IP address is identifiable, it usually takes additional effort to link a particular IP address to a specific individual. For many users, an IP address cannot be linked to a specific individual.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- Date and time of access
- Pages visited
- Address of the website (if any) from which you linked to the website
Web logs may also be automatically created and used to identify visitors who seek to damage the website, use the website in unauthorized ways, or interfere with operations. Information about users who try to engage in any unapproved activities may be shared with law enforcement agencies. We do not collect any personal information about a routine visitor unless the visitor provides information to us.
Personal Information Collection and Use
You do not have to provide any personally identifiable information to visit this website; however, if you use the website to send us an e-mail, apply for employment, ask for information, or if you provide personally identifiable information through the website in any other way, we may collect and may maintain the information that you provide. Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are (e.g. your name, address, e-mail, electric service characteristics, dispute). In the situations described above, your personally identifiable information may be shared among our staff, members, and support services (including third party vendors) as we deem necessary. Once information reaches the correct office, it will be used in the same manner as comparable information collected in other ways. In no event will we sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
Linking to Other Sites
From time to time, the website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by us, that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various websites do not constitute or imply endorsement of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
Security and Data Quality
- The site operator maintains its website and its information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our users. No computer or mobile operating system can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. We provide reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards.
- Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge or permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential.
- “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your passwords, user names, credit card information or other personally identifiable information through e-mail.
Changes to this policy
We may change this statement from time to time. We encourage you to periodically reread this policy to see if there have been any changes that may affect you. This statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.